[permaculture] pumps and greywater systems

Rain Tenaqiya raincascadia at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 11:50:39 EDT 2006

This idea may be less efficient than L.L.'s idea of pumping water to an uphill storage tank, but it's simpler in some ways and it's how I'm irrigating a small area that is above my spring elevation.  Just use an on-demand water pump, with a pressure regulator, if necessary.  The pump turns off at a designated pressure, so when the timer has the system off, the pressure builds up and the pump turns off.  This layout does put more pressure on your timer valve, but not necessarily more than any other pressurized water system.

  Good luck,

  Rain