[permaculture] de-schooling society

Kathryn Frey kathryn_frey at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 19:29:18 EDT 2006

we have homeschooled for years, had some late readers who don't know that they were and therefore were not distinguished from their peers because of it. my second oldest just graduated from college and he was homeschooled from the fifth grade. we have a loosely organized approach, we follow the children's interests mostly (other than core subjects such as math, english, etc) and it worked wonders for five active, curious boys who would rather be outside climbing rocks.
  we are babies in permaculture, just getting our feet wet. i have learned a lot just lurking about on the board, reading the posts. i appreciate everyone's input.
  kathryn

Charles de Matas <cdematas at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Very interesting discussion on home-schooling. I did not realize there were
so many home-schooled people out there. I don't have children and I'm
reaching and age where I'm thinking less of having a family and more about
early retirement. But if I did have children I would certainly give serious
consideration to home-schooling.

Charles.