[permaculture] draft of Mother Earth News petition

John Fritz johnfritz77 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 22:22:29 EST 2006

The following is my first draft of a petition to The Mother Earth News (MEN) for and update to their March/April 1980 story about the methods of Jean Pain, in his use of forest thicket compost.  I had considered using petitionsonline to compile the signatures but thought that this could be construed as an adversarial approach to garnering MEN's help.  For now I think that I will just submit the following to the permaculture list,  set a reasonable time limit for response to me, and then printout the responses and mail them to MEN.  Please do not sign the following petition at this time.  I am just looking for input at this time.  When we have a final draft I will re-submit it as "Final Draft of Mother Earth News Petition" and then begin collecting email signatures.  Thanks for any ideas you may have.

  John Fritz, NW Arkansas.

            Petition to The Mother Earth News for An Update onThe Methods of Jean Pain

  Whereas, widespread knowledge of Jean Pain's forest thicket composting methods would
    help advance rural economies, and

  Whereas, this same knowledge would advance the healing of our forests and the production
    of our gardens, and

  Whereas, this same knowledge would advance the space heating, cooking, and water
    heating self-reliance of rural economies, and

  Whereas, this same knowledge would create beneficial habitat for wildlife in areas where it
    is applied, therefore

  Be it aknowledged that the undersigned to hereby request that The Mother Earth News
    publish an update to it's March/April 1980 story about the methods of Jean Pain.  We
    do also request special attention to the specifics of his methods for easy replication by
    interested parties, especially as pertains to the ramifications of dwindling natural gas
    supplies.