[permaculture] Tending the Wild, Wood Ash

Marshall Chrostowski mcfarm at silcom.com
Tue Dec 19 12:12:49 EST 2006

I share Allan's opinion and experience with flame weeders. These tools
are designed to control newly emerging weeds, particularly annuals, and
not established ones. I've used them off and on for more than two
decades in my landscaping business as well as in my organic farming.
When I worked as an certification inspector of organic farming
operations, flamers were coming into use as an alternative to tillage as
farmers sought to ally "organic" with conventional low-tillage agronomic
systems.

Marshall Chrostowski
Santa Barbara, CA