[permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Sun Dec 17 23:09:35 EST 2006

Sean Maley wrote:
> --- "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl at intrex.net> wrote:
>
>>If we created a domain (.org, .net, .info) they
>>might host that.  If it was simple web hosting of a
>>filesystem then that is what they do.
>

> Can we edit the httpd.conf file?

No if it requires server admin access. Not familiar with that file.
Do they use sshd?
Don't know about sshd but you could always ask them.

>>With an ibiblio account you have Linux access and
>>can install software and they can help by doing
>>things for you that need done on a higher, server
>>admin, level.

> Do they allow sever admin level access to the host?

No.

> Would we create our own logins, or do we depend on
> them for that?  Do we get the "root" password or even
> sudo?

No.

>>What is your Permaculture web hosting cooperative
>>about?

> See ibiblio Permacultureinfo list, March 2005.  I
> don't want a "my" coop, I want an "our" coop.

Great. I'd like to see our What Is Permaculture resource,
Database and Wiki to be products of "our" "coop". I think it would work fine and survive.
Cyberdemocracy in action.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net
info at market-farming.com
IM: lawrence.london at pandion.be & lfl at amber.org.uk
Market Farming
http://market-farming.com
Venaura Farm, sustainably-grown produce & garden handtools
http://market-farming.com/venaurafarm
Venaura Farm Blog
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com/
Venaura Farm Gallery