[permaculture] permaculture Digest, Wood Ashes

roxy6c roxy6c at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 16:06:41 EST 2006

Here's a site that might be helpful:

http://ruralwideweb.com/tufwashes.htm

Also, I found this on the web:

"This may sound crazy, but mixing mayo and wood ashes
from your fireplace and applying it to any wood
furniture that has been water damaged, (say from a wet
book that was placed on our antique table)..... fixes
the problem, so I'm told. I haven't tried it yet
because I'm waiting to get some ashes, but have read
many times that this odd mixture does work! Anyone
else out there try this?"

link  http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000251.tip.html