[permaculture] Fruit trees watering zones

rrandall1 rrandall1 at houston.rr.com
Fri Dec 8 10:33:36 EST 2006

Actually, I see by your comment that I probably mislead some of you.
That orchard was in 1977 when I was still two years away from even
hearing about permaculture, and it was on rented land where the
orchard management was controlled by the owner-- a UC Riverside
ecologist-- and I just did the work and got half of the crop.

But we did grow many kinds of citrus, bunch grapes, apricots,
peaches, pomegranates, and figs without any spraying-- all with
Southern California's "limitless"  supply of water from the far away
mountains.  The trees didn't seem to mind 105û at all.

Bob Randall