[permaculture] OT: BBC NEWS | Health | 'Friendlybacteria'gumforteeth]

Kathleen Evans evansdk at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 22 18:29:49 EDT 2006

I replied to this post already but it never came into my inbox so I guess
it got lost in cyberspace or maybe it just didn't come to me and sorry if
this is a repeat:
 I very much caution people about raw foods. It depends on your mind/body
constitution. Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of healing and itself a
branch of yoga, gives very good advice on this, a la one man's meat is
another man's poison, so to speak. Raw foods may be excellent for some
people in some seasons but not for all people in all seasons. In
permaculture you must know the land, in choosing a diet you must know
yourself. Raw foods are not one size fits all and might make you feel weak,
scattered, and ill. Highly advanced yogis and certain constitutions do well
on fruit diets but some of us need more substance and warmth.

Kathy Evans
evansdk at earthlink.net