[permaculture] Seed saving question

Carrie Shepard outlikeelijah at gbronline.com
Thu Sep 29 09:00:02 EDT 2005

I've asked on some smaller garden lists and not gotten a solid answer yet.
Can someone tell me if there is anything special you do to collect and save
malabar spinach seeds?   I haven't been successful at these reseeding
themselves yet and want to be sure I have some for next season.

I collected some, put them in a brown paper bag and stomped on them to get
the liquidy pink stuff to squish out so they'd dry.  Is there a better way
to do this?  Did I collect them too soon, since they were still moist around
the seed?  The seed itself was dry and hard.

Thanks,
Carrie