[permaculture] psychedlics and permaculture

Graham grahamburnett at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 13:13:56 EDT 2005

I'm not that bothered what Bill & dave think about psychedilcs (no
disrespect, chaps), we should be thinking for ourselves, not looking up
to 'leaders'- isn't that the central message of permaculture- or is that
anarchy??? Bill and Dave had great ideas, but I'm sure they'd be the
last to want to see them stand still and undeveloped... permanent
Culture doesn't mean its dead and static, rtaher that its sustainable
and evolving...

I also don't see why its 'conservative' to question the benefits of drug
taking- it could equally be equally seen as conservative to promote LSD,
dope, etc as 'mind enhancing'. From my experience around drug users they
often seem to be too stoned and apathetic to be much of a threat to
anything, let alone any sort of a danger to the destructoculture status
quo. All I've ever seen is drugs killing creativity rather than
enhancing it... What destroyed the hippy and punk movements???

Yes I know 'legal' drugs do vast amounts of social harm, but I never
claimed that for me beer does anything other provide some enjoyement and
relaxation- though I reckon I've seen more creative ideas born over a
convivial pint or two in the pub than I have in any room full of stoned
hippys rolling joints on a Pink Floyd album sleeve saying "Maaan" alot
before falling asleep (and I am speaking from deeply depressing
experience...)...

I don't mean to come across as moralistic or anything, cos that
certainly isn't the perspective I'm coming from, and I certainly believe
that its everybodies right to do what the want with their own bodie- but
as Larry says this should be a free discussion space- but that goes both
ways...

Cheers Graham