[permaculture] Permaculture

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Mon Sep 26 01:34:00 EDT 2005

A few quotes I found while crawling the Web:
-

" Permaculture is a way of life which shows us how to make the most of
our resources by minimizing waste and maximizing potential. Living
ecologically doesn't mean giving everything up, but relearning the value
of nature & understanding new ways of being wealthy...Conscious design
of a lifestyle which is highly productive and does not cause
environmental damage.....Meeting our basic needs & still leaving the
earth richer than we found it. "

- Graham Bell, The Permaculture Way

" All permaculture design is based on three ethics: Care of the earth
(because all living things have intrinsic worth); care of the people;
and reinvest all surplus, whether it be information, money, or labor, to
support the first two ethics. "

- Bill Mollison

A Permaculture only happens where land & people are one.

- Nathan Alexandra, 84 PD

And other:
-

Reclaiming
http://www.reclaiming.org/

SCANDINAVIAN CENTER FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES
http://www.shamanism.dk/

" The Goddess reminds us that our spirituality does not take us out of
the world but brings us fully into it, and our goal is to live in it,
preserve it, protect it, fight against destruction, enjoy it, transform
it, get our hands dirty, and dig our toes into the mud. "

- Starhawk (The Spiral Dance)