[permaculture] Hurricane bioremediation

George Mogiljansky mogiljan at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 13:14:31 EDT 2005

That part of NO located below sea level was developed
as a result of the hubristic worship of cheap oil
since the end of WWII. A false economic infrastructure
was developed since then, one that will never return
(based initially on light, sweet crude at US 5¢ (five
cents) a barrel or US $20 (the previous stable price
level).

If Permaculture can redeem the mistakes of the past,
then I will support that redemption. But I am in
Canada and not an engineer. If I could take a course,
which one and where would it be?

George

--- chauncey williams <chaunceyfree at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You know what we all should do, everyone;
> permaculturists, natural builders, eco-designers,
> healers, etc. should all converge on New Orleans.
> This is our time to put our money where our mouth is
> and show the world that there are positive things
> that
> you can do to help your fellow brothers and sisters.
>
> Together we could obtain some of the reconstruction
> funding to bring New Orleans back as a model city
> for
> the world to aspire to.  One complete with community
> and environmental safeguards.  The time to create
> that
> positive change in this world is already happening,
> we
> can't wait to let it go by.
>
> Chauncey

A huge part of the illusion surrounding the cheap oil era is that
the only alternative to modernity is the stone age.

Check out Dr. Williams' Proposal for a Solar Tower
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mogiljan
To obtain three pdf files (600k) -
send your Yahoo ID only to download; or I will send via email attachment.
http://www.geocities.com/mogiljan/SustainableFuture.html