[permaculture] Saturday Straw Bale House Tour Reminder

Greg FarmerGreg at UrbanFarm.org
Fri Sep 2 18:49:12 EDT 2005

September 3 - The Urban Farm First Saturday Tour will be at Beth
Hoffmann's Straw Bale House in Tempe.

We are expanding our first Saturday tours to include other
interesting sustainability sites and events throughout the valley.
This months tour will be at Beth Hoffmann's 1200 square foot straw
bale house in Tempe.  Designed with passive solar power and a
Southern exposure the average monthly heating and cooling costs are
less than the price of a pair of movie tickets.

Date:  Saturday, September 3 from 8:30 am - 10 am
Donation: $5 donation requested.
Location: Beth Hoffmann, 1430 S. Roosevelt St., Tempe.  Meet In Tempe
Phone: 602-565-7045
Email:  benvirons at aol.com
Directions:  The address is on the West side of Roosevelt St between
14th and 15th Streets.  Beth says there is a speed bump just north of
the address which is marked by 5 mailboxes, turn west down the
driveway, her site is the last lot.  Park along the Block wall.  If
alley is full, please park on a side street.

September 10 - Organic Gardening class at the Calico Cow on Central

We will be hosting our biannual Organic Gardening class at the Calico
Cow on Central.  This is a casual class about gardening in a desert
environment.  We will cover planting methods, schedules, what grows
and how to grow it.  We will also be cleaning up, fertilizing and
planting the garden at the Calico Cow on Central.