[permaculture] Email addresses being put on web - SHOULD BEFIXED

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Sat Nov 26 13:28:04 EST 2005

treaclemine at intranet.org wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> 	I'm no Unix sysadmin, but I do think that everyone has
> a responsibility to make sure that _someone_ is blocking spam to their
> email account.  If you do not have the expertise yourself, there are
> plenty of people who can help you - and your ISP have an obligation to
> do so.

Your ISP can and will do that. Mine does and I have gottten a lot less spam since they installed their blocking scripts.

> 	Part of my solution is separate email addresses, but not
> everyone can do that, either.
>
> 	The Internet is a powerful tool, so we need to take time to
> make sure we are using it safely.

I repeat, apart from bndwidth wasting and the fact that, short of what your ISP removes upstream, the spam
will have already arrived in your email before you can spot and delete it. However you can quickly and painlessly
locate, tag and very quickly delete it with software such as Mozilla's mail client (Mozilla and Firefox/Thunderbird).
On a scale of 1 to 10 this reduced the aggravation from 8 to .5.

LL