[permaculture] The goodness of vegetables bolting

L.Santoyo Designs santoyo at earthflow.com
Sun May 22 14:06:24 EDT 2005

If you have the space, why not let them finish their life.

Let them flower, and attract pollinators and beneficals to your garden.
Birds will follow, and bring gifts of phosphate.
Let them set seed, and sow themselves freely,
and collect seed for your own design
Or for sprouting, in the wintertime.
Run the chickens, moments now and then,
Through the chard forest
Let them reap the goodness growing
and romp in vegetable splendor.
Allow a place in your garden for nature to garden,
and you will be rewarded with perennial life.

Kathryn Santoyo