[permaculture] Indigo source?

Lisa in Oregon lisamaciver8 at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 23:53:08 EDT 2005

Pinetree has seeds (www.superseeds.com/herb_seeds.htm) and so does
Richters as I recall (www.richters.com, but not working right now).
But your original sources could be fine.

You might check hardiness - as I recall indigo is tropical and not
frost hardy, or maybe only to zone 9 or 10.  Might double check on
the shade tolerance too, I've seen references that it requires sun.

Other N fixers to consider are bayberry and goumi... which some say
tolerate shade.  Maybe not quite as useful for dye...

Lisa in Ashland Oregon