[permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] direct marketing, value-added, agritourism survey--please forward to entrepreneurs]

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Fri Jul 29 10:15:12 EDT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SANET-MG] direct marketing, value-added, agritourism
survey--please forward to entrepreneurs
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:38:24 -0400
From: Maetzold, Jim - Washington, DC <Jim.Maetzold at WDC.USDA.GOV>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Please take a  moment to look at this survey request. It will get us
some badly needed information to tell local, state and national people
how important direct marketing is in this Nation and how it contributes
to food security.

Jim

James A. Maetzold
National Alternative Enterprise and Agritourism Leader
USDA/NRCS
PO Box 2890
Washington, DC 20013
202-720-0132
Email:  jim.maetzold at wdc.usda.gov
www.nrcs.usda/technical/RESSD/altenterprise

Dear mover and shaker, NAFDMA member, service provider, farmers' market
organizer, colleague,

The North American Farmers' Direct Marketing Association is engaged in
an extensive survey of farm direct marketers and agritourism operators.
We are partnered with Ed Mahoney and his survey team at Michigan State
University to accomplish this. We invite you and the entire North
American farm direct marketing community to help make this the most
comprehensive survey our industry has ever seen.

It's important that we include your region in the makeup of the farm
direct marketing and agritourism analysis of North America. We are
asking our friends who have association, Extension, state or provincial
department of agriculture, and similar lists to blast out e-mails or
send notices to their members and invite them to participate in this
survey. Any farmer or rancher on this continent who sells at farmers'
markets, operates an agritourism destination, does PYO, has a farm
stand, or engages in any related activity on their farm or ranch should
be counted!!!

Please be sure your region is represented. Forward this e-mail to your
direct market association decision maker, send it to farmers and
ranchers directly, or do whatever else it takes to ultimately get this
internet survey link into the hands of farm direct marketers everywhere.

This is a serious effort and confidentiality is protected under all
appropriate laws as indicated in the web site. The survey is
specifically applicable to farm and ranch operators. You, as a service
provider certainly can view the entire survey by clicking on the link
provided and by clicking on the "print survey" button.

The survey data base driven. So if we get enough responses from any
given region to provide critical mass, we can sort statistics by your
state or region and do some comparative analysis with the results of the
entire continent. The power of this tool to help us all is nearly endless.

Please take action now.

Please contact me by e-mail if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Charlie

The North American Farmers' Direct Marketing Association (NAFDMA) is
helping sponsor and strongly endorses the most comprehensive survey that
has ever been commissioned relating to the continental farm direct
marketing and agritourism industry. Please take the time to participate.
The survey is designed to help the operators who are currently engaged
in farm direct marketing and agritourism enterprises.

The results of this survey will:
ü      help revolutionize our industry,
ü      provide a realistic look at current impact of this industry,
ü      make available broad based benchmarks that have never been
captured before,
ü      help you and other farm direct marketers in the areas of zoning
and insurance,
ü      document accurate facts that help represent your interests and
resolve issues in our industry,
ü      give agricultural communities and urban centers alike with a
realistic analysis of the importance of farm direct marketing and
agritourism.

This can't be accomplished successfully without your participation!
We're so serious about this we are providing an incentive. The first 777
  COMPLETED surveys will be entered into a drawing to win your choice
either of a $1900+ USD value to attend the NAFDMA Convention in San
Antonio and Austin, Texas, or $1000 CASH.  Feel free to contact me if
you have questions about your eligibility for the drawing.

This email is being sent to over 2000 farm direct marketing and
agritourism operations that have had some connection to NAFDMA or their
local associations in the past five years.

To complete the survey, go to http://www.farmmarketresearch.com.  You
will need to register first by providing your email, zip/postal code and
name of the ranch/farm.

Your privacy will be protected to the maximum extent allowable by law.
We hope that you will complete all the questions, but you are under no
obligation to do so. As soon as we receive your information, your name
as well as the name of your farm and ranch will be automatically
separated from the answers that you provide.

If you have any questions about this study, please contact Dr. Ed
Mahoney by email (rirc at msu.edu), phone (517-432-0285) or regular mail
(131 Natural Resources Bldg, East Lansing, MI 48824).  If you have any
questions or concerns regarding your rights as a study participant, or
are dissatisfied at any time with any aspect of this study, you may
contact - anonymously, if you wish - Peter Vasilenko, Ph.D., Chair of
the University Committee on Research Involving Human Subjects (UCRIHS)
by phone (517-355-2180), fax (517-432-4503), email (ucrihs at msu.edu), or
regular mail (202 Olds Hall, East Lansing, MI  48824).

Please, click the link provided below to complete the Farm Market Annual
Survey.

http://www.farmmarketresearch.com/

Sincerely,

Charlie Touchette, Executive Director
North American Farmers' Direct Marketing Association
62 White Loaf Road
Southampton, MA  01073
phone:1-413-529-0386
email: nafdma at map.com