[permaculture] "Free" Permacuture

DAVIDMATTHEWEDGE at aol.com DAVIDMATTHEWEDGE at aol.com
Sat Aug 20 04:18:50 EDT 2005

Selwyn Polit,
Austin, Texas USA wrote:

"Hi,
that phenomenon seems to be around here in Texas."

I'm not surprised that the idea has taken root in Texas.  When I took  my
design course from Scott Pittman and Bill Mollison near Austin at Fossil Rim
(then home of Cross Timbers PC institute) in 1996, it was specifically mentioned
to all course participants by one or the other (or both) of them.

The idea was that PDC graduates could attend same- or inferior-level (i.e.
fundamentals, introdouctory, etc.) courses and pay only room and board.  It
was said to have been the case from the beginning of PC instruction.

Maybe this can shed some light on the origin of the idea.

David,
Vendée, France