[permaculture] alternatives to maple syrup

Paul Wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Wed Apr 13 22:39:10 EDT 2005

I have a shop full of canes, fruit trees, strawberry plants, etc.  Just getting the
ground ready for planting.

I'm trying to wean my kids off of the chemicals without breaking the bank.

I have found a source for organic sugars.  I'm thinking I could warm up some water and
sugar and add a little _________ to make something that the kids would like to put on
pancakes.

I bought a couple of small bottles of real maple syrup at $7 per bottle.  Each bottle
would last one meal.  Just looking for an alternative.