[permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices

GlobalCirclenet webmaster at globalcircle.net
Tue Sep 14 15:37:57 EDT 2004

In a true commons, everybody sharing in it has the right to police it and
nobody can get by with abusing it, monopolizing it, or selling it off.
Garret Hardin made a basic mistake when he neglected that aspect of
historical commons such as the English commons. His mistake has been
repeated ever since.

For example, the air is not a true commons by that definition; it can't be.
 An example of a true commons would be some of the backstreets and
driveways I see in old Albuquerque. More than one house shares a driveway
or road. All protect it.

paul at largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net