[permaculture] making dyes with vegetable matter/leaves, roots, flowers

Mike Barnett dreadlox at cwjamaica.com
Wed Sep 8 14:47:19 EDT 2004

I have found many references if you do a Yahoo or google search.
I was once looking for references on how to dye straw naturally.

I grow Turmeric. It is a very bright yellow, and stains cloth easily. You
could try cooking the cloth in curry powder if you cannot get 'pure'
turmeric powder.
The berries of spinach (malabar) stains a purple tone too.

Those are 2 that come to mind...

Mike
JAMAICA