[permaculture] Slug control

Clint Popetz clint at cpopetz.com
Tue Nov 16 10:14:03 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 10:09:31PM -0700, Don wrote:
> You dont have to have your own Chickens for slug control, you can borrow
> them. Find a local Permie and have their chickens over for lunch...herd
> them to where you need them and everyone wins!!!

I did consider that, but the slugs seem to only come out at night.  In
the daylight they are hiding in the potato trenches and under the top
layers of the sheet mulch.  I suppose I could, in daylight, dig out
the areas in which they are hiding and invite my friends for tea and
their chickens for slugs, but that would disturb the soil quite a bit,
which I'm trying to avoid.

			-Clint