[permaculture] honey locust trees

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Mon Nov 1 10:18:08 EST 2004

On a more helpful basis (than my writing that the email address is no good),
IMHO seedless (male) honey locust trees are propagated not from seed but by
cuttings. There are no markers that will indicate which trees are female
until they start setting seed. You could propagate from cuttings, by
stooling, or from roots. You could also overplant from seed (by a factor of
two) and rogue 90% of the males (as soon as they express that trait).