[permaculture] Hydro power in Greece

Richard Forster mulchpig at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 02:39:57 EST 2004

Hi Andrew, As your setup seems so ideal for hydro power it would be a shame if you had to settle for a polluting generator wouldn't it? Are you or can you be connected to the main power grid? Does the power company that supplies the grid have a buy back scheme? I am just thinking that if the answer to those questions is yes, and if you can find someone to loan you the money up front it should be possible to sell your excess electricity to the grid  (possibly allowing you to not have to buy expensive and problematic batteries) at a rate that may help pay off your loan? I hope you find something that works anyway. Good luck!