[permaculture] Re: Aside from the whole issue of "Chemtrails"....

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 15 16:08:33 EST 2004

Let's pretend for a moment that I never mentioned any particular health
issues. The list of emittants I provided multiplied by the number of
flights over the whole planet, especially the US, suggests the potential
for harm to ecologies and inhabitants. Are you aware of studies which
suggest a need for remedial action and what those actions might be? Or,
shall we all remain blithe and secure in the certainty that no concern
is necessary? Are all of these substances degradable by ecosystems, even
degraded systems? Is it worth a letter to congresspeople, to editors?
Perhaps this list is entirely the wrong venue for questions of this kind
and I should be enquiring of various organizations dedicated to clean
air issues. My intent was less to determine cause / effect relations for
our own particular local conditions and more to address the questions of
overall effects on planetary systems.

Sure, we can say "just plant more trees, restore wetlands, practice
permaculture, etc.," and the effects will be greatly lessened. But, what
ARE the effects that might be caused by the substances emitted by jet
aircraft? Is there an answer? Has anyone else asked the question? Who?
What did they find out? Sure, I can do further research, but one of the
values of addressing 400 some odd permaculturists is to refine my search
by enquiry of those I respect and admire for their observational skills.
I already read 50 periodicals a month and one article I encountered on
the subject, in Earth Island Journal, suggests there may be reason to
apply some attention to the question. What else has been learned? Where
else shall I look?
Thank you,
Keith

--