[permaculture] organic fluids for vehicles

Paul Wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Tue Dec 21 10:06:07 EST 2004

One of our vehicles sprung a coolant leak yesterday.  We couldn't figure out where the
leak was coming from and decided to take it in to a shop.  On the way, it squirted
coolant ...

This made me think that while this sort of thing is pretty rare, it does happen.  Are
there non-toxic varieties of vehicle fluids?  For anti-freeze?  Engine oil?  I know that
almost any vegetable oil can be used for hydraulic oil.  And I'm switching over to
organic canola oil for bar and chain oil for the chainsaws.  What else am I not thinking
of?