[permaculture] Permaculture

Lisa MacIver lisamaciver8 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 15:41:27 EDT 2004

I haven't taken any permaculture courses, just read some basic books
(and done some thinking); so I've hesitated to participate much, since
I'm not familiar with the common base of knowledge.

One thing that I have trouble with, that I see in the permaculture
movement, is that there appears to be this rigid definition and
structure and the "right" way to think about land use and society;
even arguing about the right definition of zones.

I care about my land, and my animals and plants, and I want it all to
work together: I see the beauty of the inputs and outputs meeting up.
If permaculture requires courses and has "insiders" and "outsiders",
and an official definition of the Truth, then I'm not sure I want to
participate - though it doesn't actually change what I'll do.

Lisa in Ashland Oregon