[permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 2, Issue 36

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Thu Mar 27 02:56:15 EST 2003

From: BK <lildragon at saber.net

has essentialy made large brush piles and then planted tubers in there such
as potatoes and mashua.

That makes total sense to me! Tropaeolum tuberosum (mashua) is a nasturtium;
I've always had good luck growing nasturtium in compost towers.

Compost towers: make a cylinder of wire on a garden bed, fill it, and cap
with finished compost. Plant in it. A good technique for limited space, adds
material to the garden bed, adds "edge" drawback is you'd best use seed-free
material because it won't heat much or get turned.

-Rick