[permaculture] Re: Branches and small diameter wood

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Wed Mar 26 15:07:12 EST 2003

> They can also be used to create
> bundles that work as surface swales when laid on contour

This is one way to use what I called a "fascine" which is of the same latin
root as "fascist", if you recall Mussolini's symbol of an axe bundled with
sticks- I guess the idea of it being possible to break one stick, but if
they stick together...

A small, stove-size bundle which is great for the initial firing of a stove,
to bring it up to heat, or for throwing up against a castle gate if you need
entry to pillage, is a faggot.

Time for a Pc picnure dictionary!

-Rick