[permaculture] RE: Major histocompatibility complex (MHC)

Graham Burnett grahamburnett at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 05:18:03 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Russ Grayson
To: permaculture
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 12:14 AM
Subject: Re: [permaculture] RE: Major histocompatibility complex (MHC)

>>The white man is a good example of such a hardy weed…<

>Let's steer away from racial interpretations of things.

I agree. If the metaphor were reversed to 'the black man' there would
rightly be outrage on this list.

Miring ourselves in guilt about our colonial past isn't remotely useful to
anybody (which doesn't at the same time mean we shouldn't acknowledge
it...). As captain Beefheart once said, "all people are coloured, otherwise
you wouldn't be able to see them"...

As permaculturists we are the pioneers for a positive and earthright future,
we are an international, inter-racial community, it doesn't matter what our
origins and backgrounds are.

Cheers Graham