[permaculture] RE: Major histocompatibility complex (MHC)

Claude Genest genest at together.net
Thu Mar 13 07:41:50 EST 2003

And hard to say for doctors who make a fortune "curing" but don't know
how to profit from preventing. I recently wrote this article ( below)
for the local paper, I am running for office as a Green Party candidate
and Health care is a hot issue. How it can be considered from
agriculture confounds me.

		We don’t need more health care...
  					... we need more health !

By: Claude William Genest - Green Party Candidate for Ver(t)dun and
Permaculture Designer

	Grandma was right:  an ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of
cure.

Our Western medical model of treating disease is the best ever devised
for dealing with emergency, trauma and sickness. Good thing, given
skyrocketing rates of degenerative disease.

Medical treatment is unfortunately a profitable growth industry, and
huge multinational pharmaceutical and healthcare companies wait
impatiently to service Canada's “need” for privatized medicine.

We’ve forgotten Grandma’s wisdom: Health care doesn’t begin at the
hospital !

Preventive medicine starts in the soil. The equation is simple -
healthy food equals healthy people. Doctors take the Hippocratic oath,
yet stubbornly ignore the prophetic words etched on his tombstone:

	“Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food”.

Economically, grandma’s wisdom is equally applicable, a dollar of
prevention is worth many, many dollars of cure.

The question then, is why do governments worldwide pursue policies that
simultaneously make us sick and cost us money ?

The “Life Sciences” Corporations

	Unknown by most and under-reported by the media is the fact
pharmaceutical companies and agri-business have merged to create the
“Life Sciences” companies that today dominate food and medicine on a
global scale.