[permaculture] question re pattern recognition

ERDA Institute erda at nor.com.au
Sun Mar 9 06:04:03 EST 2003

Dictionary definition: Phenology - the science dealing with the influence of
climate on the recurrence of such annual phenomena of animal and plant life
as bird migrations. budding etc. phenologically, phenologist

So I suppose the greatest practical phenologists are really indigenous
peoples, farmers, fishermen etc

'When the peaches flower there's perch in the creek'
'Plant corn when the oak leaf's as big as a squirrels ear'

How far the official definition of phenology extends into the recognistion
of phenomena relativity I don't know.
Robyn