[permaculture] Using underground cooling tubes

ERDA Institute erda at nor.com.au
Mon Jul 21 18:52:42 EDT 2003

I have installed a natural cooling system of this nature in the training
centre here at Djanbung Gardens. I installed 2 x 20cm (8inch) pvc pipes
around 60cm (2feet) underground which run under the foundations and duct air
into the room through floor grates. From the building the pipes run 20m
(approx 60') underground with their opening just above the waterline of a
small pond under shady trees.
It does make a difference on hot days.
Robyn