[permaculture] Permaculturing the mainstream

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Thu Jul 17 14:21:23 EDT 2003

Aloha,

> TAFE (Technical And Further Education) is not a permaculture
> organisation and is thus not bound by the philosophy.

So are they actually claiming to teach 'Permaculture' as a whole (which
IMO includes the ethical practices)?  Or just the parts without the
ethics?

> As a training
> provider it is primarily a government-funded competitive organisation
> with deep reach into the public and is the prime tertiary training
> provider in this state. When we take our course structures to TAFE, we
> enter this world whether we like it or not.

Depends on what the conditions are for providing the course structures, I
would think.  Any leverage there?

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing