[permaculture] Iraq report -NGO/ media

Darren J. Doherty darren at permaculture.biz
Tue Jul 1 01:43:39 EDT 2003

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the post – I caught up with that article when it first came
out – pretty switched on guy doing great stuff in the NGO aid sector.
Andrew and his new bride Gala  were a students of mine (along with Bill
and Janet) down in Tassie a couple of years ago. Of course this recharge
PDC followed up years of real experience. It was a great course like
that – as we had about 10 or so practicing graduates – who brought so
much with them. Not having spoken to Andrew for about a year this story
was great to see and quite predictable in the sense of he very capable.
Its not surprising that Andrew and Gala are in Iraq with Gala being an
Iraqi Kurd with a great passion for her people and land. Good luck to
them – I know that they’ll (and Geoff) make a big difference (wherever
they go).

Cheers,

Yours and Growing,

Darren J. Doherty
Applied Diploma of Permaculture Design, (Education, Site Design, System
Establishment & Implementation) Permaculture Institute (1995)
Permaculture Design Certificate, Permaculture Institute (1993, 1995,
2001)
Whole Farm Planning Certificate (Train the Trainer), University of
Melbourne (1995)
principal consultant permaculture.biz