Fwd: [permaculture] Peace? Peace!

Marimike6 at cs.com Marimike6 at cs.com
Fri Jan 3 11:28:47 EST 2003

Hi again--

Peace is a cool idea, all right. We thought about it back in 1965, when it
was as timely as it is today.

What we found was that we lived in a world of freedom of choice. Everyone who
wanted peace already had it, unless they were living inside a war zone. And
everyone who wanted war was free to do ther best to bring it about. Our
current administration could not promote it without the baying wolves and
ditto-heads urging them on. And since there are so many of them, war almost
always has a good chance of popping up again.

What we decided was that you should love love and hate hate. You should do
your best to engage the war crowd and find out what makes them tick. Then,
when you have de-ticked one or two of them, you've really accomplished
something. I doubt the Swami has convinced many who weren't convinced to
begin with that war was bad policy for living things.

Mike Elvin
Fuquay-Varina, NC