[permaculture] culvert cisterns

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Tue Apr 15 17:31:25 EDT 2003

Paul A Cross wrote:
> I am intersted in hearing from anyone who has built cisterns using
> corrugated galvanized steel culverts set on end into concrete.
> Thanks. -Paul

I am not sure that galvanized culvert could be used with potable water storage;
maybe zinc from the metal could make the water toxic, for drinking purposes - maybe OK for washing, etc.

What about concrete culvert pipes set on end in concrete - big diameter
or better yet, concrete septic tanks or some other type of concrete box, closed with port or open ended.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl at intrex.net