[permaculture] (no subject)

Ted Trainer F.Trainer at unsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 12 01:02:54 EDT 2002

I am hoping you can help us to find some people with experience of
gardening, if possible small market gardening but home gardening
would do, who can give a little time to get a project at the Minto
Community Garden site going.(Just on the north side of Campbelltown,
Sydney.)

Jeff Gambin provided meals for up to 600 homeless people in Sydney,
so has a considerable need for food inputs.  There is unused farmland
at the Minto site which we want to use to grow vegetables for this
purpose, using labour provided by some of the people Jeff caters for.
All we need is a little expertise to get the thing up and running,
but at present we don't have people with gardening experience and
some time to spare.

We need people who could give a few hours a week just think about
what to plant,to say what needs doing next, etc., and in the process
help the people presently working on site learn how to do basic
things.

It is a very worthwhile purpose, and will make a huge contribution to
the development of the site, which is set to take off in the near
future with a wide range of activities planned.

If you can help, or suggest people who might be able to, even a
little now and then,  please contact me.

Many thanks

Ted Trainer
--
Ted Trainer