[permaculture] Afghanistan redux

jeff jko at save-net.com
Thu Sep 19 15:50:47 EDT 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 06:06 pm, you wrote:
> Then why were the US and Russia trying to build competing pipelines?

The US has wanted a pipe line across Afghanistan for years, but the
oil does not come from Afghanistan.

> Anyway, lets get off the direction this is likely to take: The issue is
> really about the needs of the Afghani people, not about whether we agree
> with their government and various other governments involved or what level
> of emotional involvement we have with the issue.

Yes, the Pc ethics are good guidelines and we can rally around them without
all the endless political debate and labeling.  If we must have labels it
should be something like:  perma-liber-green-eco-fukuo-schumacker-tarians.
That would put a damper on email debates.  No one would want to type
all that <grin>.

jeff