[permaculture] "thirsty " trees....

FranksFarm at aol.com FranksFarm at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 06:24:34 EDT 2002

Good day all:)
In a message dated 9/9/02 9:27:45 AM, Ute writes:

<< I guess one has to try and get quite detailed information on the local
ecology and ecosystems and/or observe natural ecosystems well, before
one can judge whether certain trees are beneficial or not in a given
situation. >>

Well, said,Ute!

But such info is not easy to find, which is one of the principle reasons I
ask a lot of questions on this list:)

It is probably one of the reasons there always seems to be a lot of
discussion, and even disagreement on PC even amongst it's leading lights. You
need go no further than all the discussion of "thirsty trees" to see this.

Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow begin to establish databases on
local ecology. The more I read the more convinced I become it's far more
complex than I realized. And I started out with the premise that it is
COMPLEX!

Just my two cents.   Frank