[permaculture] Re: large scale Pc

Toby Hemenway hemenway at jeffnet.org
Mon Sep 2 15:12:21 EDT 2002

>From Scott Vlaun's interview with Mollison:
> we have farms much bigger than Texas in Australia
[snip]
> a 4 million acre cattle station in Northern Territory. "

Interesting. Texas covers more than 170 million acres. So in Oz there are
(several?) "farms much bigger" than 170 million acres (68 million hectares),
or roughly 1/10 of Australia. Can any of our Australian friends verify this?
Or is Uncle Bill being a little loose with his numbers? I'll buy 4 million
acres--the US has those [wave the flag!!], but 170 million?

Toby