[permaculture] Allan needs advice on selecting a brush cutter - Weed Wrench - order, info, pix, spacs, etc., boycott Moninsanito

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Wed Oct 30 17:46:58 EST 2002

Mark wrote:

> There is a machine called a brush wrench, basically a long lever and
> fulcrum with a gripping jaw that lets one tear out brush by the roots
> rather than just cut it off.  Works great.  I tend to agree with the
> notion that for serious work having the bigger machine is probably worth
> it.

Weed Wrench™
Woody Plant Puller
http://www.canonbal.org/weed.html

"Weed wrench is a manually operated, all-steel tool designed to remove woody
plants by uprooting. Powerful jaws with an 18:1 gripping leverage are teamed
with a 6:1 leverage for pulling. Proven effective from coast to coast, Weed
Wrench is an efficient, safe, selective, permanent means of eliminating unwanted
shrubs and sapling trees. Soil disturbance is minimal and desirable plants are
unharmed. Persons of ordinary strength can use it effectively after only seconds
of familiarization. An important part of Weed Wrench's success has been that
most people find it fun to use!"

An entry for this tool will be included in the Gardening Hand Tools Sourcelist,
along with a lot of new & interesting tools I've found recently, at:
http://market-farming.com/gardening-hand-tools.faq

Thanks for the pointer, Mark. You're forgiven for using the dreaded roundemup
on your deadly niteshade. Is this plant actually Datura?, kin to Carolina Horse
Nettle, aka Jimson Weed (which actually may be Datura, an Oriental medicinal
plant, and also poisonous, a solanum, in the nightshade family)?

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl at intrex.net