[permaculture] Re: Pond Plantings...invasives

Mark mpludwig at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 24 11:02:23 EDT 2002

At 09:13 AM 10/24/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Yike - hope you're not talking about using roundup in a wetland - it's
>illegal to spray roundup near a water course or water body in Australia.
>I'm surprised to see such enthusiastic advocasy of this stuff on this
>list - not a long term solution, already many weeds are becoming
>roundup-resistant
>Robyn

The US formulation is called Rodeo, made to float rather than dissolve in
water.  Not sure it's still around.  Just to be clear folks, I don't like
using roundup all that much, I was more pointing out that in situations
where controlling invasives is the goal with limited labor it will be a
multi year process, any one who tells you otherwise is either delusional or
lieing.

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison