[permaculture] Re: roundup

Mark mpludwig at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 24 09:15:07 EDT 2002

At 09:25 AM 10/24/02 +0930, you wrote:
>I'd just appreciate it if you resisted the urge to proselytise about the use
>of Roundup et al in this forum. I'm sick of being on PC lists and then
>having to delete these kinds of threads again and again. Seems like every so
>often someone feels the overwhelming urge to try to convince the rest of us
>that herbicides/pesticides are really OK ...... frankly - if you want to use
>them fine - if you like talking about it, how about you consider finding a
>more appropriate forum?

How bout this, I'll just mention them in passing where I think it's
appropriate and all of you who go off the deep end about them shoot back
without calling me an air head or corporate hack.  PC to me is about design
and implementation, not a rigid religious dogma or peoples revolution.  If
it is the later all ya'll can look forward to decades of obscurity and
marginal existence.  If this forum is just for the pure, Larry is welcome
to give me the boot, but honestly just preaching to the converted isn't how
one sharpens the mind or ones positions.
And I'll just leave it there, really.

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison