[permaculture] Re: Pond Plantings...invasives

Scott Hitchins ScottH at wcig.org.au
Wed Oct 23 19:25:10 EDT 2002

My understanding is that it is illegal to use the standard Roundup near waterways in Australia.- The problem being the effect of the carrier/surfactant on frogs. However, there is another type of Roundup available (only to farmers, councils, etc) that does not have this additive.  It is a soluble powder and supposedly safe for use near wetlands etc.  I'd be interested in further info / comment on this as I don't use roundup at all: My one attempt resulted in several near-dead young trees and the targeted couch-grass that didn't even blink !
Regards,
Scott Hitchins
P.S.
MY wife and I are expecting our first child early next year (I've just expanded the vegie-patch): A girl, according to the experts.  Is there such a thing as "Environmental Activist Barbie", and where can I get one?