[permaculture] list of permaculture farms in the US

Kirby Fry peace at totalaccess.net
Wed Oct 2 08:46:34 EDT 2002

Hi Marielle,

Have you heard of John Irwin (Irving?)?  He's was compiling a list of permcaulture design course graduates and may have gotten some information on permaculture farms.

Also Dan Hemenway in Florida was once compiling a list of permaculture sites.

Here in McDade, Texas we have a permaculture farm which we just installed last winter.  We put 60,000 square feet into ponds, berms and swales and planted over 1,100 fruit trees, 1,000 asparigus, 500 black berries and two hundred blue berry bushes.  We now have 16 ponds and 4.5 acres of surface water catchment, 23,000 gallons of rain water collection and two gravel wicks for purifying our black water.

Kirby Fry

For the real scoop on environmental and social justice issues check out the archives of Democracy Now!  http://www.webactive.com/webactive/pacifica/demnow/archive.html