[permaculture] [Fwd: Personal Sustainability

Ted Markow tbag.markow at verizon.net
Tue Aug 20 20:47:00 EDT 2002

Xavier,

Thanks for sending these URLs - very interesting.

According to the Footprint quiz, I require 5.2 planets.  I wonder if they
would throw in the extra .8 planet to make it 6!  Seriously, even though I
consider my lifestyle to be somewhat sustainable, I really know that it
isn't sustainable at all!  It should be some consolation to me that most
people in the US live as I do, but in reality, it scares the hell out of
me.

As far as Sustainable Pittsburgh, I'm glad to see that Alan AtKisson is
hard at work.  His book, "Believing Cassandra" is a real eye opener, but
with a positive spin.

Best,

Ted

Brunswick, Maine, USA