[permaculture] Where is Permaculture?

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 18 13:30:03 EDT 2002

Hi Y'all,

Asking "Where is Permaculture?", is a bit like asking, "Where's Waldo?" But instead of
a stripe-shirted guy with glasses and funny cap hidden amongst 100's of curiously
ambitious people, we would have.......what?

That's the question we'd like to begin to answer in the next issue of the Permaculture
Activist (#49, submissions deadline Sept 15th, 2002! Hurry!!)

What are we looking for?

Short and concise, 500-1000 words (i.e. 1/2 - 1page), a simple and direct telling of
the state, character, and form of actual Permaculture projects with, ideally, at least
8 years of systems development and evolution in the United States, Canada and
Mexico....WITH PICTURES (JPG's under 600k, preferably).

We are very interested in particular yields (what needs are met?) of each project and
how they interface with neighboring cultural patterns. Give a general sense of the
number of people whom you supply / cooperate with in either goods or services.

We are also seek info regarding the state of consultancies / design services, and the
character and scope of client financed projects over time.

We want to hear, too, about broadscale projects of production and / or restoration and
/ or reinhabitation.

We want to hear about the unfolding of bold undertakings bearing fruit and yielding
abundance and success.....and errors, too. Your own personal, publicly-confessed, Type
1screwup could save someone a lot of time, money, and frustration. All it takes is a
bit of daring, a pencil, or other word processor, and a couple hours of your time.

Now's your chance to tell the world, "Permaculture is HERE!".

Please email submissions, ideally in plain text format, to
keith at permacultureactivist.net
or mail to The Permaculture Activist, PO Box 1209, Black Mountain, NC 28711

Our website at permacultureactivist.net provides additional info about advertising,
ongoing events, seed and plant resources, a Planetary Pc Directory, and more.

Thanks, and please pass the word to other listservs,
Gratefully,
Peter & Keith