[permaculture] re: pasture renovation

Martha Boyd maboydm at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 8 18:38:54 EDT 2002

Frank,
What a challenge!  Even better than WWOOFers, how about sponsoring a series
of those boot camp ordeals for hardcore urban fitness maniacs?  they're not
even looking for an educational experience!!  I remember reading about the
olympic gymnastic team working out by pushing cars up hills, maybe they're
available...
I am always baffled when hiking in new england in what seems like the old
old woods and encountering mile after mile of stone walls built of
gargantuan boulders 300 years ago. talk about motivated folks.

Re: machinery, dragging things--I don't know enough to guess, but do you
have draft-horse experience (or neighbors who do) and would that be a good
compromise method?  what about temp use of a bobcat?

Mark has the better technical advice, but I will be glad to root you on and
look forward to updates on your progress--
Martha