bear and or mountain lion

sal sals at rain.org
Wed Mar 29 12:30:36 EST 2000

my friend has a bear that comes around when she is not there and takes the door off the house .  its been back 3 times in daylight and also when i was up there last there was a mountain lion in the drive.  what is a good way to keep wild life back away from the house? is there a noise maker or electric fence or what kind of dog or what size gun etc.  what would u all do.  she said she had a talk with the bear and told it not to come back but it did.   I worry about her.  what do u do when u face a bear or mountain lion?